We’re Hiring in Western Newfoundland!
December 21, 2022
We are hiring a Community Inclusion Facilitator in Western Newfoundland. For more information about this job opportunity and how to apply, check out the description below or click the link at the bottom to download a PDF version of this posting.
Position: Community Inclusion Facilitator
Locations: Western Region
Hours: $16.00 hr – 35 hrs/wk until March 31, 2023 with possibility of extension pending funding
Eligibility: These positions are for people who identify as being a person with a disability.
This position is designed to support a person with a disability who has developed skills and is job ready but faces barriers to employment. The program provides opportunity for skills enhancements and avenues for a more permanent attachment to NL’s labour market. This is a work from home position; all tools for the job will be provided. Some travel to St. John’s will be required for training and meetings.
As a Community Inclusion Facilitator you will:
- Research gaps in services and resources and develop recommendations to address the needs of the community.
- Assist local organizations to reduce barriers at their events.
- Facilitate group meetings with community organizations and persons with disabilities.
- Research Peer Support Networks in the community
- Support persons with disabilities, deaf people and seniors in accessing online services. Provide information on resources and services available in the area.
- Provide information on adaptive technology and make referrals when necessary.
- Promote disability awareness, accessibility, and inclusion in your community.
- Maintain online contact with other facilitators and program staff.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the program manager (located in St. John’s).
The ideal candidate should have:
- A keen interest in learning more about disability awareness, independent living, and inclusion.
- A working knowledge of internet, email, online chat systems, and programs such as Zoom, Basecamp and DropBox
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A willingness to learn about adaptive technology, and to support others in learning about it.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are an asset.
- Self identify as a person with a disability
Submit applications in electronic format only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state whether you identify as having a disability in your cover letter (you do not have to say which type, or any other personal information).
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information on Empower, check out our website: EmpowerNL.ca